Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sister time!

Courtney came to Georgia this past week and we had so much fun! It was so fun to have her here and do things I wouldn't by myself! We showed her all the trees, waffle houses on every corner, and beautiful rivers & lakes. 
I picked her up in Atlanta and we spent some time exploring the city! We did some shopping, ate at California Pizza Kitchen (which I had been CRAVING & they don't have in Augusta), and then got a 'frosted orange' drink at the Varsity. 


She was a trooper and did some baby shopping with me. I usually just wind up in the rocking chair section for hours. We both almost fell asleep.


The Augusta Farmers Market is every Saturday. This is the first time I had been, and it was SO fun!
So many different food vendors, soaps, fruits & veges for sale, and music!





We found a crepe tent and they smelled SOOoooOOOO good. We had to try them. Can't beat fresh strawberries, bananas, and cinnamon whipped cream!


I had been wanting to kayak down the Savannah River ever since we heard about it! I never could during their hours because Cam is gone - and I'm not paddling alone! 
So I pulled Court along and we went kayaking! 
My kind of kayaking : Sit in the boat and lay down while the current pushes you along. It was great. We slowly went down the river and enjoyed all the beautiful trees around us! It took us about 2 hours.... and we forgot the sunscreen.





Another thing to check off my list with Court was to go to the Columbia, South Carolina Temple!
It is about 1.5 hours away from us and is such a small temple, but so beautiful of course. We got stuck in traffic on our way so we booked it in to catch the 5 PM session! We made it! 
It was so fun to be there with her. Can't believe she is going on a mission in 6 weeks!




We love this river walk trail that divides Georgia and South Carolina. It was so pretty the night we were there taking 'gender reveal' pics!






Thanks for coming to hang out with me Court! I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment