Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Iphone updating

When I don't carry my huge camera around with me I whip out my phone to capture our Georgia adventure.
Just updating my last couple weeks through iPhone eyes :)


It has been SO HOT lately. I feel bad for the guys out in the heat all day, while I'm eaten my DQ and relaxin at the pool! But then I don't feel so bad, because I have 4 more months of relaxation. Everyday. All day. Our pool at our complex is so nice! I love it. You can find me on my raft for hours!


I have met so many new friends in our new ward. They are so awesome and have definitely been helping with the 'mommy tips' since they all have kids, and I need all the tips I can get!
 I have been hanging out with a girl in the ward who lives in this BEAUTIFUL neighborhood. Every time I go to her house which is in a gated golf course community, I find myself snapping pics of all the amazing houses. 


We went swimming before a YW fundraiser dinner to a neighbors house down the street. 
How amazing is this backyard! I can't get enough of the trees, smells, flowers, GREEN everywhere, and southern hospitality!
Ya know those movies that take place in the south? Plantation houses, beautiful landscaping, nice people everywhere that say 'yes ma'am', and little girls that say Ms. before your name?
It's ALL true!
My new little friend Mekynzie (who is 6), along with her friends when I am at her house always say, "Hi Ms. Alexa!" or "Do you want a popsicle Ms. Alexa?" 
It's the cutest thing ever. 



My list of things to do is-- slim. When I'm not doing paperwork once a week for the office I usually have one thing to do a day that gets me out of the house. 
I'm not use to this downtime when Cam and I had such a set schedule everyday back home.
It is nice though, I'm not complaining!
One day, my only thing to 'do' was try out this cupcake place 10 min down the road that was on Cupcake Wars on Food Network. 
Since there isn't a Sweet Tooth Fairy around here (Cakebites and cotton candy cupcakes were a monthly obsession), I had to find the next best thing.
Smallcakes Cupcakery did not disappoint. I went with the wedding cake, snickers, and peanut butter cakes. And I ate them. For lunch. Sorry babies! 
It was my mothers day treat. I did save some for Cam though.


Sorry I don't mean to explain every picture, but If I didn't, things would be confusing.
SO!
This is seriously a crazy, amazing story. I promise.
My brother Shawn was knocking in his assigned area last week. He knocked on the door, and a lady and her son answered. After making small talk of where they were each from, and what Shawn was selling, something crazy came from it. The lady said they were originally from Riverside CA, and they guessed Shawn was from Utah. He said he had grown up in California but only for a little bit when he was younger. Shawn said "Hey, my brother in law served his mission in Riverside!" They said well we probably won't know who he is, but whats his name?! "Cameron Pearson?" 
"NO WAY!" As tears came to her eyes, she said, "He brought us back into the church, he baptized my son!" Shawn was completely shocked and immediately got Cam on the phone. They got each others numbers and planned to sit by each other at church this last Sunday.
The morning before we left for church, Cam was SO excited. I think it was more like, "I can't believe something I did 8 years ago has still changed someones life," type feeling. 
We sat by Ricki that Sunday, and I have never seen Cam so happy.
In relief society after the Mothers Day lesson was given, they opened it up for a little testimony meeting. Ricki's mom got up and shared what crazy, amazing thing had happened.
"8 years ago, a missionary knocked on our door and forever changed my life and my sons. Brother Pearson - and his wife who is sitting over there, baptized my son, Ricki. If it wasn't for his testimony of the gospel, I would not be standing here today."
I still couldn't believe it. Cue the pregnancy tears! 
Something great happened that day. 
Not only was it my first 'real' mothers day. But for the first time I got a little glimpse of the joy of missionary work. I never served a mission, but sharing my life with someone who has and the joy that it has brought to him - I felt a little piece of that.
I always knew Cam was a great missionary. But that day, through him, I could really see what a great missionary he was. Especially when someone is standing bearing their testimony, of something your husband did 8 years ago, was really something special. 
Another reason why I know we are suppose to be here in Georgia, right now. 


________________________________________




-How far along? 17 weeks.. 18 tomorrow!

-Total weight gain? Umm. haven't weighed myself yet. We don't have a scale, so it looks like the next time I'm by Bed bath & beyond I need to borrow a scale. haha

-Stretch marks? Nope.. Started using the Palmers Body butter a couple weeks ago.

-Sleep? It was great, until the past couple nights. Lower back pain is starting.

-Best moment of the week? Cams missionary story! <Read above:)>

-Movements: Yep! These 2 are lovin each other already. The left side moves all day, then at night is the right side.

-Food cravings: Not really. Still not that hungry all the time. Icecream and burgers still are up there on the list!

-Gender: We find out on this coming Monday!!! We can't wait!

-Looking forward to: My sister is coming next Wednesday for a week!!!!! YAY!!! Since I can't really do adventurous outdoorsy things by myself, I have it all planned out when Court comes. Leisurely kayak ride down the Savannah river, shopping in Atlanta, beach trip in Savannah, and temple trip to Columbia temple! 


No comments:

Post a Comment